Want to submit a proposal or manuscript for our consideration?
All book proposals must be submitted through professional literary agencies.
If you are looking for a literary agent, here are two places to start
Michael Hyatt's Blog (https://michaelhyatt.com/literary-agents-who-represent-christian-authors/)
Christian Manuscript Submissions (https://christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com/)
At this time, Barbour Publishing does not accept unsolicited proposals.
As stated on the copyright page of each Barbour Publishing book, "Our mission is to inspire the world with the life-changing message of the Bible." To be considered, any proposal must
- Demonstrate a conservative, evangelical Christian world view, and
- speak to broad segments of the evangelical Christian market.
If you believe your manuscript fits into the Barbour Publishing program, please work with your literary agency to prepare a proposal including:
1. A cover letter introducing yourself, your idea, and any publishing experience you've had. Be sure to include your email address and phone number.
2. A summary of your book
3. Enough of your manuscript to give our editors a clear view of your writing ability
4. Any other supporting information you think helpful such as social media platform, marketing, and promotion work you are planning to do.
Agents should send proposals to the following e-mail address:
NOTE: Publishers receive hundreds of manuscript submissions each year, and only a handful can be chosen for acceptance. If your agent has submitted or will be submitting your book proposal and it fits our current editorial needs, we will contact your agent directly. Please note unless you are an agent, phone calls and e-mails regarding the status of your submission will not be returned. Paper proposals will not be reviewed by our editors and will ultimately be destroyed.