Looking for a creative, well-organized, detail-oriented individual that can work in a fast-paced environment and wishes to learn new things. Potential candidates should have a strong interest in email marketing, digital advertising, social media, and book publishing.
This is a full-time, entry-level position for an individual with a bachelor’s degree in marketing or 1 to 2 years of related experience in marketing or public relations. Assignments will be to assist the marketing department in the promotion of Barbour Publishing’s products to both trade and consumer customers. It will also include working with both the VP of Marketing and other marketing staff in the day-to-day needs of the marketing department.
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Works Closely with: Editorial and Sales Departments
Possible Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with creating and scheduling email campaigns and reporting results
- Help execute social media plans for titles and authors on Facebook and Twitter
- Run digital advertising campaigns using Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc. and report results
- Keep various websites up to date with releases, news, and author information
- Research new marketing and publicity opportunities
- Prepare author social media graphics and other promotional materials as requested
- Aid in book signing coordination, material creation, and promotion
- Assist in completing sales sheets, emails, and other promotional materials for sales department
- Record marketing invoices and costs for budgeting comparisons
- Gather information, images, and other materials requested by authors, media outlets, vendors, retailers, etc.
- Assist in managing the distribution and promotion of eBooks
- Regularly ship review copies for various purposes (reviewers, publicity, giveaways, etc.)
- Responsible for key accounts receiving the images, mock-ups, and copy that are requested
- Work with authors to gather endorsements from influential contacts
- Assist department with various other day-to-day needs
- Basic knowledge of digital and email marketing is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Solid understanding of English grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Professional telephone and email presence
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook required. Additional experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is desirable.
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
Education Requirements: Must have a bachelor's degree in marketing or a high school graduate with 1-2 years marketing-related experience.
Benefits: This employee-owned company offers a full range of benefits including healthcare, 401K and ESOP retirement plans, vacation days, and paid holidays.
Mail resume to:
c/o Marketing Assistant
Barbour Publishing, Inc.
1810 Barbour Drive SE
Uhrichsville, OH 44683
Or email to:
Subject: Marketing Assistant